Friday, September 01, 2006

Great Trip to L.A.

So I just got back from L.A. on the evening of the 29th and it was a great week to hang out with my sister and everyone. I finally got to see my little niece Kaiya for the first time. She is 4 months old and is so cute; I just can’t get over how beautiful she is! She is such a blessing in my life; I can’t even describe how amazing a little baby is. I got to carry her around most of the time, she likes to be held otherwise she becomes a little crabby pants. I totally didn’t mind holding her and carrying her everywhere, it was awesome; it was like an apprenticeship in fatherhood. My sister’s boyfriend is Taiwanese and so she has some of his amazing ethnicity in her. I was also able to check out a Marionite Catholic Mass at a local parish, which was awesome. A lot of it was in Lebanese but they had a book that had the different parts in English. It was a totally different experience for me and I was very awe inspired at their liturgy and reverence for the Lord. We did so much fun stuff like: watched “The Italian Job” (the original 1960’s one) at an outdoor viewing, got a bunch of slurpee’s (forever since I have had one of those), hiked to the Hollywood sign, met a member of Guns N’ Roses, went to the beach and surfed, walked along the boardwalk at Venice Beach and cruised the Pacific Coast Highway! I also got the chance to know my sister’s boyfriend, Jeff and his mother. My sister and I had some really amazing talks and got to know each other a lot better. We have not been able to really talk a lot over the years. Also, I was able to sit next to some amazing people on both the flight down and the flight up and talk about the Faith for 2.5 hours, it was crazy, people are so hungry for Jesus! Anyways, it was a great trip and I love all of you down in L.A. and am praying for you always!
God Bless,
Brett


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home