Monday, August 14, 2006

Its been a long time...

It has been hard to keep up on this thing, I am not usually a person who journals their life, and I think that this is just an online version of a journal. Anyways a lot has happened since my last post but too much to discuss in a timely manner so I will give an abridged version. A wedding, a reunion, actually 3 reunions, a new tire, a lot of shenanigans, a tour of a local biker diver bar (that was fun), new books/music that I have been perusing, a good albeit expensive cigar (a rarity), good food and deep talks, lack of sleep, a great garden party (I love being Catholic) where I met Brendan Fraser’s parents (the actor in such films as Bedazzled & The Mummy), studying like crazy for the LSAT (pray for me!), a prank, political/moral debates, swimming and 4 birthdays, 3 of which were today! Phew, that is a lot, oh and today at Daily Mass I found out it was St. Maximilian Kolbe’s feast day (he is an awesome saint and I know one man in particular, one of which had his birthday this week who loves him.). He started the Militia of the Immaculata (of which I would like to join someday), which is devoted to the spreading of the gospel and of devotion to our Lady. Here is a link to learn more about him:

http://www.catholic-forum.com/saints/saintm01.htm

Well, a short talk about my day today before I go pray. It was the birthday of my uncle Fred; he is such an awesome man, so charitable and such a servant. Every time I would come over to see my grandpa Fred Sr., my uncle would get up from watching the M’s game (his favorite sport) and would insist on making me some food and offer me his chair to sit in to watch the game and hang out with my Grandpa. We , me my mother and my uncle, all went out this evening and got some drinks and food at one of his favorite places, The Spaghetti Factory, and shared many stories of our lives, so much fun!! I also got to see him at daily Mass today, double bonus!

The other birthday today that I will make note of is my friend since kindergarten at IC/OLPH parochial school, Matt. He wasn’t around today but I know when he gets back from being with his family we will have to celebrate him turning 25, I quarter a century!! That is crazy for me. It seems like only yesterday when we were playing on the jungle gym, going to school dances and serving as alter boys. Well, we will have to PROST! (as the Germans say) to the memories of the past and those of the future! May God Bless both of them on there birthday’s today!

Novena Prayer to
St. Maximilian Kolbe

http://www.catholictradition.org/Two-Hearts/immaculata-kolbe.jpg

O Lord Jesus Christ, who said, "greater love than this no man has that a man lay down his life for his friends," through the intercession of St. Maximilian Kolbe whose life illustrated such love, we beseech you to grant us our petitions . . .

(here mention the requests you have).

Through the Militia Immaculata movement, which Maximilian founded, he spread a fervent devotion to Our Lady throughout the world. He gave up his life for a total stranger and loved his persecutors, giving us an example of unselfish love for all men - a love that was inspired by true devotion to Mary. Grant, O Lord Jesus, that we too may give ourselves entirely without reserve to the love and service of our Heavenly Queen in order to better love and serve our fellowman in imitation of your humble servant, Maximilian. Amen.

(Say 3 Hail Marys and a Glory Be)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home